Sunday, April 24, 2011

Blah!

I don't know what's going on with me lately, but I just feel....blah. I think it has a LOT to do with the weather we've been having. It's been raining, cloudy, and generally gross for a few weeks now, and I'M GETTING SICK OF IT. I'm ready for sunshine and picnics! I want to sit on the patio of a restaurant and people watch! *whinewhinewhinefootstompwhine*





Ok, tantrum over.



The blah has been kinda seeping into my knitting, but I don't mind that as much. I've been working on an aran sweater for my hubby. He's been asking for a sweater pretty much since we met, and I figured that it would make a good 1st anniversary present. Thank God our annivesary isn't until October, so I've got time to fit some other projects in there! He first asked for a cashmere sweater. I did some calculating and showed him what the yarn cost would be, and he quickly changed his mind. I'm knitting this out of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes worsted. The colorway is called Thyme. It's a deep green, kind of like a dark olive.





These are the socks-in-progress right now. They are also for hubby, as a "thank you" for taking care of me while I was recovering from getting my wisdom teeth taken out. These are only semi-blah. The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Lightweight in Coppertree. I love this yarn! It's the first time I've used it, but will definitely not be the last. I have a few skeins of this hiding in my stash, and they will be fulfilling their destiny soon.







I'm getting itchy to do something in colorwork, something bright and happy. I was digging through the stash, and I think I came up with some candidates for the next sock project.
From left to right: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal, Araucania Itata Multi, Mystery yarn (hand-dyed by a knit-nighter), Malabrigo Sock



I guess I'll just have to knit myself some happy and wait for the weather to improve. Also cupcakes. Cupcakes make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment