Friday, July 2, 2010

Uh oh...

Look what I bought at Knitters Connection...
I now have a spindle and pretty roving! So far, I'm pretty good at the spinning part. Now, the plying, THAT'S another story. The white yarn on the spindle is where the plying went horribly wrong. I don't know if the singles have too much twist in them or what, but they keep kinking up on themselves so much that I can't get them apart to ply them! Ugh. Dirk actually made me put it all down the other night before I hurtled it across the room. I'm going to need help before I dig into my pretty purple roving. The roving is from Fiber Optic Yarns (http://www.kimberbaldwindesigns.com) in Cincinnati, OH. It's 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon in a colorway called Solitude. How deep. Of course, I was drawn to it because it's PURPLE.

I also found some sock yarn in a scarlet-and-gray-ish colorway. I'm thinking this is going to be a Christmas present for the future in-laws. They are DIE HARD Buckeye fans.

More on the knitting front later...

No comments:

Post a Comment