Friday, July 2, 2010

Random musings from work

Greetings! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. There's been a lot of work and a lot of knitting to attend to.

I'm in the process of doing laundry. (I lead such a glamorous life, I know. Envy away.) As I was going through pockets for loose change, yarn bits, or anything else that could potentially destroy my washer, I found a list I made at work the other day while in a constant state of boredom. Here are a few of my observations:

  1. Glass doors do not stay clean, no matter how much Windex you spray. There are fingerprints all the way to the top of the door. I don't know why anyone would see a clean glass door and feel the need to put a full hand print on it. Jerks. Also, if my kids did that (and it looks like someone licked their hand before they planted their grubby paws on my door!) I would be handing them Windex and a rag.
  2. There are a LOT of Russians and other people originating from the Eastern European area in Reynoldsburg. I don't know why this is. There is a Russian grocery store a few doors down from my shop, so that might explain the concentration.
  3. I get really dorky over local celebrities. I don't know why, but everytime I encounter someone that I've seen on tv or heard on the radio, I squeal internally. Some of these "celebs" include Jerry Revish (spotted in a Bob Evans), Cabot Rea (used to come in the music shop in Westerville all the time...is also kind of a jerk), and Bob Juniper (of 3C Bodyshop. I recognized his voice from the radio when I called to tell him his daughter's sax was ready).

I lead a sad life.

2 comments:

  1. I was at Steak-n-Shake on Beggar's Night a few years ago and saw Jym Ganahl walk in. He stopped a second when passing our table and said how cute the kids looked in their costumes. He seemed much more positive IRL than on TV. Now I don't dislike him as much :-) I've met Cabot Rea (years ago) and think he's a big jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think Jym Ganahl might be my favorite, for the simple fact that he can laugh at himself. He's made cameo appearances in Shadowbox Cabaret shows.

    ReplyDelete